Already used by over a billion people, YouTube certainly needs no introduction. Though, there are times when while uploading or saving a YouTube video, we wish to trim it. Thankfully, we can easily do it with the help of a YouTube video cutter tool. Since there are so many options for a YouTube cutter, I have come up with 8 tried and tested tools that you can try. Without much ado, let’s learn how to trim a YouTube video using these different options.
Part 1: What’s the Need for a YouTube Video Cutter Tool?
Ideally, there are two different ways in which a YouTube video cutter can help you:
For uploading videos
Let’s say you have a video that you wish to upload on your YouTube channel, but it is huge and has unwanted segments. In this case, you can use a YouTube cutter to clip out all the unwanted parts of the videos. Apart from making the video shorter, it will also optimize its size, letting you easily upload it on YouTube.
For saving videos
Another scenario is when users wish to save a video, but don’t want to download the entire clip as it can be heavy. Therefore, you can just trim a YouTube video and export only the part of it on your system.
Part 2: 4 Best YouTube Video Cutter Desktop Applications
To trim YouTube videos and meet other editing requirements of yours, you can further use the following YouTube video cutters.
Developed by Wondershare, Filmii is a lightweight and user-friendly video editing tool that can be used as a YouTube video cutter. The application has an inbuilt video trimmer and offers numerous other AI-enabled editing options to make your job easier.
- You can just load any video on Filmii and select its starting and ending points using a movable playhead to trim the YouTube video.
- There are numerous other features to crop, split, merge, rotate, and implement other video editing options.
- Users can also access the wide range of transitions, filters, templates, captions, etc. to make their videos more interesting.
- You can also record voiceovers in Wondershare Filmii and access other audio editing options (like Fade in/out).
- Some other advanced editing features in Filmii are color grading, pan-and-zoom, speed controls, etc.
Price: Free Trial Included
iMovie Video Editor
If you are a Mac user, then you can also use the YouTube video cutter option of iMovie. Though, you should know that this Apple-owned video editor only works on Mac and iOS devices as of now.
- You can directly load any video on the timeline editor of iMovie and use the inbuilt trimmer to cut the video.
- Besides that, you can also add sound, captions, filters, transitions, and numerous other effects using iMovie.
- The YouTube cutter for Mac supports the editing of videos in 4K HD resolution.
- You can access 80 dedicated royalty-free soundtracks and other media files as well.
OpenShot Video Editor
This is an open-source video editor that you can use to trim YouTube videos instantly. While the tool is not that user-friendly, it is available freely for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- You can find an inbuilt trimmer feature in OpenShot that you can use as a YouTube video cutter tool.
- It is a timeline-based video editor that can be used to crop, trim, rotate, and edit your videos.
- The application also lets us work on keyframes to achieve stunning animations in your videos.
- A few other features that the editor offers are inbuilt filters, video effects, slow motions, text effects, and 3D animation.
Adobe Premium Pro
Adobe has also come up with a dedicated video editing tool that is mostly used by professionals. The video editing application might take a while to master but would meet all kinds of post-production requirements.
- Adobe Premium would let you import multiple videos to its timeline-based editing tool and access its features.
- You can trim a YouTube video precisely by placing the playhead at the starting and the ending point on the timeline
- There are tons of readily available templates, filters, transitions, and other effects in Adobe Premium Pro.
- Some of its advanced editing options are motion tracking, audio editing, color balance, 3D animations, etc.
Price: $19.99 per month
Part 3: 4 Online YouTube Video Cutter Tools
Although desktop YouTube cutter applications would provide better features, you can also explore an online solution to trim YouTube videos. Here are some of these web-based YouTube video cutters that you can explore.
Clideo Video Cutter
Trusted by more than 4 million monthly users, Clideo has an advanced YouTube cutter that you can use online. Without installing any application, this web-based YouTube video cutter can be used on any leading browser.
- It supports the trimming of videos on all the popular formats such as MP4, AVI, MOV, VOB, etc.
- You can upload videos directly from a YouTube URL, Google Drive, or your computer storage.
- Clideo features a user-friendly interface letting you select the starting and ending segment of the video.
Price: $9 per month
As the name suggests, this is a dedicated YouTube video cutter tool that you can use online. Though, unlike other applications, this online tool only works on YouTube videos.
- Users simply need to submit the URL of the YouTube video and load it to trim the video.
- The online tool will let you trim the YouTube video up to the precision of 0.1 seconds.
- You can later save the trimmed YouTube video directly on your computer in different formats.
- The application can also export the trimmed video as a GIF and save the screenshot as pictures.
Hashcut is another YouTube video creator tool that you can use online. The application is extremely user-friendly and won’t need any installation access on your computer.
- The YouTube creator is available online and you just have to submit the URL of the video you want to trim.
- Users can just set the starting and the ending points of the playhead and trim the YouTube video precisely.
- Besides that, Hashcut also provides a lightweight editor that would let you add effects, texts, and stickers to the video.
- You can export the trimmed video in different formats and directly upload it on social platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and Reddit.
Kapwing Video Trimmer
Lastly, you can also try the online YouTube cutter application developed by Kapwing. Not only to trim YouTube videos, but it would also meet other basic video editing needs of yours.
- You can directly load a YouTube video by submitting its URL or upload a video from the computer.
- The online timeline-based YouTube cutter will let you precisely trim the video as per your requirements.
- You can also use the application to include audio files in your video, create slideshows, add effects, and access other editing options.
Price: Free or $17 per month
Part 4: How to Use Wondershare Filmii YouTube Video Cutter?
From all the options I have listed, Wondershare Filmii is the best YouTube video cutter out there. It is a user-friendly desktop application that can be used to trim, crop, rotate, merge, and do all the basic edits. If you also want to trim YouTube videos using Wondershare Filmii, then follow this basic drill.
Step 1: Import the Video you want to Trim
To start with, you can just launch Wondershare Filmii on your computer and choose to work on a new project. Now, you can just click on the “Import” button to get a browser window from where you can load your videos. You can also just drag and drop your videos to the interface of Filmii.
Step 2: Trim the YouTube Video in Filmii
Great! Once the video is loaded on Filmii, you can simply drag and drop it on the timeline at the bottom to edit it. Now to trim the YouTube video, you can go to the Advanced Video Editing options in Filmii and pick the Trimmer. This will let you select the starting and the ending part of the video that you want to clip out.
Apart from that, you can also right-click the clip to set the playhead at the starting and the ending segment of the video. Furthermore, you can also access its inbuilt “Crop and Zoom” option to make your videos more interesting.
Step 3: Export the Edited Video from Filmii
That’s it! Once the video has been trimmed, you can click on the “Export” button. This would let you save the edited video in the preferred format and resolution on your computer.
After reading this post, you would be able to pick the best YouTube video cutter to meet your requirements. As you can see, I have come up with different YouTube cutter tools that can be accessed on desktop or online. Though, if you want to trim YouTube videos and access other advanced video editing features, then Wondershare Filmii would be the best option.