Do you want to alter the playback speed for a video but can’t find any reliable solution? Well, in this case, all you need is a resourceful video speed editor that can make the playback faster or slower, as per your requirements. Since there are so many tools out there that can even change audio speed, finding the best one can be tough. Therefore, I have come up with 8 video speed editors here and have listed them according to their user-friendliness.
Part 1: Top 3 Video Speed Editors for Beginners
If you are just starting with video editing, then you can try the following editors with video speed adjustments options.
Developed by Wondershare, Filmii is a user-friendly video editor with AI-integrated features to provide a hassle-free experience. You can use it to adjust the playback speed of any video as per your requirements.
- Filmii has a dedicated video speed editor that would let you fasten or slower the playback speed, the way you like.
- There are also additional options to play the entire video in reverse or set up duration for the speed change.
- Not only to alter the video playback speed, but Filmii can also be used to change audio speed and apply other audio effects/edits.
- You can also find numerous other editing options in Filmii like crop, trim, split, merge, rotate, and more.
- There are also hundreds of transitions, captions, filters, and other effects that you can readily use while editing your videos.
Mac users can also take the assistance of iMovie, which is a beginner-friendly free video editor. Developed by Apple, it has seamless options to fast-forward or slow down the playback speed.
- Once the video is loaded, you can go to its Modify tab to alter the playback speed via its preset option.
- It is a timeline-based video editor that also provides a preview of the changes you have made.
- You can also find a wide range of video editing templates, filters, and other effects in iMovie.
- There are also options to zoom a video and apply other edits like trimming, splitting, rotating, etc.
Windows Video Editor
Just like macOS, Microsoft has also come up with an inbuilt video editor for Windows systems. It is a basic video editor that also provides an option to change the playback speed to custom options.
- You can go to the Edit menu in Windows Video Editor to find a dedicated option to change the playback speed.
- There are features to fast-forward or slow down the playback speed by 2x, 4x, 6x, and so on (up to 62 times).
- Users can explore a unique 3D library in Windows Video Editor for Windows 10 with some of the most stunning effects.
- The desktop video editor also has some options to add audio to your videos and apply basic effects.
Part 2: 2 Best Intermediate Level Video Speed Editors
Besides that, if you have intermediate-level requirements, then the following video speed editors will meet your needs.
While Filmii is a lightweight video editor, Filmora has more advanced features and is recommended for pros. You can find tons of video editing effects, presets, and dedicated features to change the video/audio speed of your files.
- There is a Custom Speed option that will let you manually set the specific speed for videos by making them play faster or slower.
- Users can also select the specific duration of the video where they want to change the playback speed.
- You can also find numerous effects like Freeze Frame, Slow, Fast, etc. that would automate the process for you.
- There are also additional options to change audio speed, record voiceovers, or apply audio effects on the loaded files.
VSDC Video Editor
VSDC has also come up with a resourceful video editor that is available for Windows PCs. It is a non-linear timeline-based editor that supports the editing of 4K as well as VR videos.
- You can increase or decrease the playback speed of any video via a percentage scale (10 to 100 percent).
- Users can also find an audio mixer in the VSDC editor to change audio speed and apply other effects.
- There are hundreds of presets and other visual effects (like filters and transitions) that you can apply to your videos.
- The application also supports the importing and exporting of videos in numerous formats and resolutions.
Part 3: 3 Recommended Video Speed Editors for Professionals
Lastly, if you are looking for a professional video editor (that might be a bit complicated to use), then explore the following tools:
Adobe Premiere Pro
Developed by Adobe, Premiere Pro is one of the most advanced video editing tools out there, used by professionals. While it might be a bit tough to master Premiere Pro, it will certainly be fruitful in the long run.
- You can just load any video to edit on its timeline and access its Speed Control feature to change audio or video speed.
- There is a provision to enter a percentage to fasten or slower the video speed to a specific duration.
- The video speed editor of Premiere Pro will even let you stabilize the audio while changing its playback speed.
- Besides that, you can find tons of advanced editing options like motion tracking, keyframing, voiceovers, and more.
Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is a more advanced video editing app that is developed by Apple for Mac users. Not only to change audio speed, but there are also hundreds of other video editing features in Final Cut Pro.
- You can find a dedicated Speed Transition feature in Final Cut Pro to adjust the playback speed of videos.
- There are existing options to play the video at different speeds and users can even customize the speed editor.
- You can also reverse the playback of the video and can further reset the speed whenever you want.
- There are also options to change audio speed and apply fade in/out effects on the attached audio.
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate
Lastly, you can also try VideoStudio Ultimate by Corel to customize the playback speed of your videos. It is one of the most advanced post-production tools out there and might take a while to learn.
- Once the video is loaded to the timeline, you can go to its Time Remapping tool to access its video speed editor.
- The application will not let you use a slider to adjust the playback speed on a level of 0 to 1000.
- There are dedicated options to freeze the frame at specific intervals, play the video in reverse, or apply easy-in/out transitions.
- You can also access an inbuilt audio editor tool to apply all kinds of effects, minimize the background noise, and change audio speed as well.
Part 4: How to Use the Speed Editor Features of Wondershare Filmii?
From all the above-listed video speed editors, Wondershare Filmii is one of the most user-friendly and effective tools. This is because the interface of this lightweight editor is extremely friendly with a dedicated speed editor. Here’s how you can also use its video speed editor tool to meet your requirements.
Step 1: Import the video you want to edit on Filmii
At first, you can just launch Wondershare Filmii on your system and click on the “Import” button or just drag-and-drop your files to load them.
Step 2: Change the Video Playback Speed
After adding the video, you can just drag it and drop it on the timeline at the bottom to start editing it on Filmii. Now, you can just right-click the video thumbnail from the timeline and select the “Speed and Duration” feature.
This will open a dedicated Customer Speed window where you can make the playback faster or slower by adjusting the controllers. You can also choose to enter a specific duration or even play the video in reverse.
Similarly, you can also access the Custom Speed option for any audio file on Filmii. This will let you change audio speed in the same way by moving the controller left or right.
Step 3: Save and Export the Edited Video
Once you are done exporting the speed for your video and have made other edits, you can click on the “Export” button. This will let you save the edited video from Filmii on any location on the system in different formats and resolutions.
There you go! Now when you know about different ways to adjust the playback speed for a video, you can easily meet your requirements. For your convenience, I have listed video speed editors for beginners and pros alike in this post. You can further give them a try or simply use Wondershare Filmii to control the playback speed of videos instantly. It even offers tons of additional features to edit videos or to apply stunning visual effects.