According to Socialmediatoday, 99% of marketers plan to continue video marketing trends in the future. Yes, that’s the real revolution when it comes to video marketing. Thus, free, easy video editing software is the need of the hour to create crazily awesome videos and stand best among your competitors. Also, a more elegant video editor means less time consumption to respect your busy schedule.
Hence, we will talk about seven such free, easy video editing software 2021 below. Let's take a brief look at the significance of video editors before diving into the main subject!
Why Need a Free & Easy-to-Use Video Editor?
For real-time results, it's important not to make your video a one-and-done strategy. The following reasons will tell you the importance of a video editor.
Make your projects stand out!
Yes, free, easy video editing software helps you make projects successful and stands better. You can tell that there is a lot more difference between a raw video and a perfectly edited video.
We must say that the trend is always result-oriented. And, you can’t escape the hype and craze of video marketing platforms. Each video you publish on any social media platform, whether it's Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube, etc., will be viewed by audiences around the globe and thus help in increasing your fan base.
The video editor that you can use, is, of course, a cost-effective solution as you don’t have to pay handsome bucks to a video editor. Just pass a bit of your favorite video editor's learning curve and make your projects ready in no time.
Top 7 Free & Simple to Use Video Editing Software
Let’s now discuss our favorite top 7 free, easy video editing software 2021 as follows.
Platforms: Windows only
You can call Wondershare Filmii a brilliant video editor where you are only required to upload a project and wait for automatic video editing with innovative templates. The user interface of Wondershare Filmii is quite intuitive and a bit customized as you can easily change the skin tones of the software. Even though the editor is easy to use, you can still go for its video tutorials to start the first project while learning the basics.
- Ready-to-use smart templates.
- Custom theme titles
- Variety of filters and overlays
- Beautiful set of animations including stickers and motion elements
- Preset for each platform, including YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter, etc.
- Free, easy video editing software
- Automatic editing
- Presets for various social media platforms
- Lack of advancedediting
Platforms: Linux, BSD, Mac, Windows
Avidemux is on-premise video editing software that supports cutting, filtering, and encoding videos apart from editing. The user interface offers a pretty old school kind of vibe with a list of comprehensive tools suitable for a user. Unlike other video editing software, there isn't any central pool to import images, videos, audio files, and timeline with multiple tracks.
- Straightforward interface with quick cuts and edits.
- Excellent encoding options for the advanced users.
- Smooth video zooming
- Remix audio tracks according to different speaker setups
- Stylish pop and retro art effects
- Advanced encoding options
- With de-noise filters
- Lack of smart templates
- No automatic editing processes
It is free, easy video editing software by Apple Inc. It consists of specific pretty tools for color grading, media organization, narration, green-screen effects, and other soundtracks in digital movies. However, the iMovie is ideal for entry-level video editors as it lacks some advanced features based on video support. The interface of iMovie is spotless without any clutter of available tools.
- Music & audio editing
- Automated video editing
- Video stabilization
- Different color grade settings
- HD & 4K video format support
- Clean interface
- Automatic process
- High-tech color grading
- Better organization of video clips
- Lack of ready-to-use templates
- Only for Mac users
- Inefficient clip trimming feature
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Pricing: $39.99/year, $69.99/Perpetual Plan
This video editor contains tons of tools for creating and editing high-tech professional videos. Furthermore, the Wondershare Filmora has several versions for specific purposes, such as animation and advanced video editing. Their latest update Wondershare Filmora X is available with enhanced user experience and a pool of other tools, including effects, titles, transitions, animation, motion tracking, keyframing, and so on.
- Easy motion tracking
- Advanced color grading
- Various effects, titles, and transitions
- With advanced split-screen feature
- Advanced editing features
- Easy user interface
- Tons of transitions, motion graphics, and other elements
- Lots of versions for respective purposes
- No smart templates
- No automatic video editing
- Lack of presets for social media platforms
Platforms: Windows, Mac, and Linux
OpenShot is free, easy video editing software for Mac, Windows, or Linux users. It comes with an attractive, sleek interface with all the tools on hand. It offers everything that you need in essential video editing software. This video editor further supports various video and audio file formats, including 4K and other kinds of video codecs.
- List of different templates
- With custom keyboard shortcuts
- Desktop integration
- With curve based keyframe animations
- Extensive support to audio & video formats
- Compatible with various devices
- Easy user interface
- Needs learning curve
- Lack of automated video editing
Platforms: Windows only (without apps)
Freemake is a Video Management software to serve extensive downloading and converting needs of enterprises and startups. Even the name suggests it is free high-quality software with support to tons of video and audio formats. However, it also gives old school vibe when it comes to the user interface. You can also use their free Audio Converter, Video Downloader, DVD Burner, DVD Ripper, and DVD Copy.
- Support extensive audio & video formats
- Online web app
- Bulk uploading
- Closed Captions
- Ideal for bulk video conversion & downloading needs
- Reliable & safe
- Social sharing
- Mobile screen support
- Lack of video editing tools
- Outdated user interface
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Pricing: Master’s Edition Quarterly Plan ($3.88/month)
Video Pad is a desktop video editing application available for both Windows & Mac users. Unlike another editor, all the Video Pad video editor tools are available on top for easy use. Also, the tools are available in such a structure where you can capture explicit content such as VoiceOver, Webcam's footage recording, and so on.
- Direct video uploading
- Supports multiple resolutions
- With visual effect templates
- Video sharing on various social media platforms
- Lots of video transitions
- Multi-platform support
- Various export options
- Straightforward interface
- Lacks advanced filters & effects
- Certain confusing features
So, these were our top 7 easy video editing software in 2021. Even though most of the tools aren't compatible with advanced users, they are great for entry-level editors to upload regular videos on Instagram and other social media platforms. It is the reason we recommend Wondershare Filmii for editors who want to save time with innovative templates and an automated video editing process.