These days, video editing is no longer restricted to professionals. After all, with a user-friendly editor, anyone can make their videos more appealing. Therefore, if you are also looking for the best video editing software for beginners, then you have come to the right place. In this post, I will let you know how to pick an ideal video editor with some of the best options for desktop, web, and smartphones.
Things to Consider before Picking any Video Editor
Since there are so many options out there, I would recommend keeping the following things in mind while picking the best video editing software for beginners.
- Overall editing options: Firstly, make sure that the video editor you are interested in has all the advanced editing features so that it would meet your requirements.
- Ease of use: Since most of the premium editors are extremely complicated, try to go with a user-friendly editor with no learning curve.
- Existing templates and presets: Also, consider picking a video editor with tons of presets, filters, and templates that would automate the editing process for you.
- Import/Export compatibility: The editor should support all the common media formats and would let you import/export your files easily.
- Other features: Besides that, check the pricing of the tool, its availability, and the feedback of its existing users as well.
10 Beginner-friendly Video Editing Software [For All Platforms]
To help you pick the best video editing software for beginners, I have listed them under desktop, mobile, and web categories. Without much ado, let’s get to know about these user-friendly and intuitive video editors in detail.
4 Best Beginner-friendly Video Editing Software for PC/Mac
Since most people look for editors for their system, I would recommend the following four options at first.
Available for both Windows and Mac, Filmora by Wondershare is one of the best video editing software for beginners. While the tool is easy to use, it has some of the most advanced editing options out there.
- You can find more than 300 different inbuilt effects, templates, and presets in Filmora that you can readily use.
- The editor also features a wide range of royalty-free media like audio, captions, images, clips, etc. that you can use without any copyright issues.
- Using it, you can trim, rotate, adjust, clip, and easily edit your videos. The tool also has an audio mixer and offers an automatic audio ducking option.
- Some of its advanced features include motion tracking, split screens, color tuning, noise removal, video stabilization, scene detection, green-screen effects, and more.
Runs on: Windows and Mac
Price: Starts from $7.99 per month
Lightworks is a popular non-linear editing tool that is equipped with tons of advanced features. While learning Lightworks can be a bit tedious, the freemium tool makes it worth the effort.
- You can find different editing and social media templates on Lightworks to automate things.
- It supports video editing in 4K resolution, and you can directly export videos to YouTube or Vimeo.
- It is compatible with all the major operating systems, video formats, and even supports a direct web export.
- Some advanced features of Lightworks are multi-cam editing, VFX edits, text effects, hardware I/O support, and more.
Runs on: Mac, Windows, and Linux
Price: $24.99 per month
If you are looking for one of the best video editing software for beginners with tons of new-age features, then Filmii would be a must-try tool. The application runs smoothly, is super-easy to use, and offers some of the best editing options.
- On Filmii, you can find several smart templates that would automatically fix your videos with its AI-enabled technology.
- There are also dedicated editing options for the platform of your choice (like Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube).
- Also, there are hundreds of effects, filters, stickers, transitions, and other motion elements that you can readily use.
- On this beginner-friendly tool, you can find advanced editing effects, voiceover recording options, automatic editing, and social media sharing features.
Runs on: Windows
Price: Free or $34.99 annually
While Adobe has a few video editing tools, Rush has to be the best video editing software for beginners. It is available for different platforms (for computers and smartphones).
- Rush provides a simplistic interface to do all the basic edits related to your videos.
- There are automatic features to correct the coloring of the video or apply various presets.
- You can also add audio to your videos and further edit them via its audio mixer component.
- Users can adjust the speed of their videos, tailor transitions, customize titles, and directly share them on social media.
Runs on: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
Price: Starts from $9.99 monthly
Top 3 Video Editing Mobile Apps for Beginners
If you are looking for a handy video editor that you can use on your smartphone, then you can explore the following options.
KineMaster Video Editor and Maker
KineMaster is a multipurpose video maker and editor app that you can use on your phones or tablets to meet your requirements.
- There are tons of high-quality presets and filters to enhance the overall appeal of your videos.
- You can also trim, crop, splice, rotate, speed-up/down, reverse, and even blend your videos easily.
- There are tons of color adjustment, audio editing, special effects, and transition features you can find in the tool.
- You can edit videos according to a social media template and directly post them from KineMaster.
Runs on: iOS and Android
Price: Starts from $3.99 per month
iMovie for iOS
While iMovie is already a popular macOS video editor application, this best video editing software for beginners can also be used on iOS for free.
- On the iMovie iOS app, you can find 8 different templates to automate the video editing process.
- There are tons of advanced editing options for picture-in-picture, green screen, and split-screen effects to explore.
- You can add music to your videos, apply transitions, and even add captions using its inbuilt features.
- Can also be integrated with your iCloud account for sharing your videos with others.
Runs on: iOS
InShot Video Editor
As the name suggests, InShot is a micro-video editor that you can easily use on your smartphones. It will help you do all the basic edits on the go.
- It has all the basic video editing options like trim, merge, rotate, crop, and more.
- You can use its inbuilt templates for Instagram for automatic video editing as well.
- Users can add their voiceover for the video and use the inbuilt audio editing features of the app.
- Other features include texts, emojis, stickers, transitions, filters, and social media integration.
Runs on: Android and iOS
Price: $3.99 monthly
Top 3 Online Video Editors for Beginners
Lastly, if you don’t want to install any application, then you can explore the best video editing software for beginners that are available online.
Animoto is a popular online video editor that you can use on any platform. The application is user-friendly and has all the basic editing features.
- There are tons of readily available templates in Animoto that you can further customize.
- With the business plan, you can also access audio and photo stock options in the editor.
- Animoto has a seamless drag and drop interface, letting you apply filters, add stickers, and do so much more.
- Apart from editing, it can also be used to create a new video from raw clips or photos.
Runs on: Web
Price: Free or $15 per month
Renderforest is an all-in-one online tool that you can use to create videos, edit them, make mockups, and perform other branding operations.
- You can find a wide range of professionally designed templates in Renderforest.
- The online interface is easy to navigate with drag-and-drop features.
- You can also add stickers, logos, transitions, and other effects to your videos.
- Renderforest also provides music visualization, slideshow creation, and other resourceful options.
Runs on: Web
Price: Starts from $6.99 monthly
Lastly, if you are looking for a simple and effective best video editing software for beginners, then explore Biteable. It provides intuitive and resourceful editing options to meet your basic needs.
- The online interface of Biteable has different templates according to the target social platform.
- You can import and export your videos to and from different formats at your preferred resolution.
- It supports high-definition video editing and has numerous transitions, templates, and other effects.
- If you want, you can also work together with your team via its cloud-based technology.
Runs on: Web
Price: Free or $19 per month
That’s a wrap, everyone! After reading this guide, you would be able to pick the best video editing software for beginners for sure. To make things easier for you, I have included video editors for web, mobile, and PC alike. If you want to get more features, then consider picking an ideal video editor for your systems like Wondershare Filmii or Filmora. Since these editors have tons of features, they will meet every editing need of your in no time.