Developed by Adobe, Spark was initially released in 2016 to make it easier for us to create graphics, videos, and all kinds of designs on the go. Today, you can use Adobe Spark to create collages, business cards, videos, social media posts, and so much more. Since the tool can be a bit confusing at first, I will let you know about its features, pros, cons, and more in this detailed Adobe Spark Review. Let’s begin!
Adobe Spark Review: Basic Features to Know
Adobe Spark is mostly used by small businesses and individuals to create different kinds of graphics using its readily available templates. Overall, it is a user-friendly web-based application with thousands of templates, icons, texts, themes, etc. that you can readily use.
When you would visit Adobe Spark, you will see that the web toolkit offers three different applications.
- Spark Video: This is an inbuilt video creator and editor tool of the Suite that would let you add transitions, filters, and other templates to make stunning videos (mostly for social media).
- Spark Post: In this designing tool, you can add photos, texts, and different transitions to create social media posts, logos, business cards, and so on.
- Spark Page: This is ideally a website designing application of Spark that would let you create all kinds of responsive web pages seamlessly.
Adobe Spark Review: How to Tell Your Story with its Friendly Features
To start with our Adobe Spark Review, let’s have a detailed look at all the three applications included in the toolkit.
Adobe Spark Post
- It provides over 30 thousand different templates under various categories.
- Users can browse templates, load anything they like, and further customize all the components.
- It will also give free access to a wide range of Adobe Stock’s images and videos.
- Users will also get access to hundreds of captions, filters, icons, shapes, etc.
- It also includes AI and machine learning features to get optimized results for social platforms.
Ideal for: Spark Post is a go-to application to create invitations, flyers, posters, banners, presentations, business cards, and dedicated social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Adobe Spark Page
- It is mostly used to create responsive web page designs for mobile, desktop, and other platforms.
- Users can browse through hundreds of web page templates and even create designs from scratch.
- With simple drag-and-drop actions, you can add different designing components and customize their appearance.
- It can also be integrated with Adobe Lightroom and Creative Cloud to directly publish your web pages.
Ideal for: Spark Page is mostly used to create websites, blogs, newsletters, web events, stories, portfolios, and event reports.
Adobe Spark Video
- You can directly import your photos and videos to create slideshows or movie clips.
- Users would get access to the unlimited range of Adobe Stock to import media files directly.
- It features hundreds of templates, transitions, filters, overlays, etc. to create and edit videos.
- There are also simple video editing options to trim, crop, rotate or stabilize your videos.
- You can add soundtracks and even browse its inbuilt audio library (also includes an audio mixer).
Ideal for: Spark Video is used to create and edit short videos on the go. The application can help you create social media ads, presentations, marketing pitches, event videos, invitations, and so on.
What More to Know?
Since Adobe Spark is a part of Creative Cloud, you can just upload your designs or videos to the cloud and access them on any device. You can also access Adobe Fonts to get stunning typography resources.
Besides that, Adobe Stock is also an inbuilt feature in Spark, letting you browse thousands of media files without leaving the tool. You can also integrate your Google or Dropbox account to instantly share your projects with others or to collaborate with your team.
What More to Know?
All the applications of Adobe Spark can be accessed on its web-based interface. Besides that, you can also download their iOS and Android apps to get all the basic tools.
You can access the features of Adobe Spark for free for 7-days as of now. If you want, you can include Adobe Spark in your Creative Cloud account by getting a monthly subscription of $9.99. The Creative Cloud pricing starts from $19.99 per month.
- Thousands of templates to pick from
- Relatively easier to learn (recommended for beginners)
- Can be used to create videos, posts, web pages, banners, logos, and so much more.
- Only basic editing features are provided (not recommended for advanced users)
- Compared to other tools, Spark is a bit expensive
- Only available for web (no offline version)
Adobe Spark Customer Reviews and Feedback
Well, that was our in-depth Adobe Spark review, covering its features, pros, cons, and pricing. Besides that, you can also check the Adobe Spark reviews of other customers:
“Adobe Spark is such a lifesaver! I use it to create promotional posts for my company’s social media instantly. It also makes me create video ads and other banners – without any complications!”
“Overall, Spark is a decent application that met most of my designing needs at first. The only issue is that it costs a lot with Creative Cloud and Spark subscription.”
“Initially, I found Adobe Spark and all the three tools pretty helpful, but I don’t think it is worth investing almost $30 a month in the long run. There are so many other better options that are available at less than half the price and some are even easier to use.”
The Best Alternative to Adobe Spark Video Maker: Wondershare Filmii
As you can see from our Adobe Spark review that a lot of people find the video editor a bit basic. Therefore, if you are looking for a more advanced and lightweight video editor, then you can try Wondershare Filmii instead. The desktop application would let you create and edit all kinds of videos in minutes.
- On Filmii, you can do all kinds of video edits like trim, crop, merge, rotate, split, and so much more.
- It has a dedicated “Auto-create” option that would let you import photos/clips and instantly create videos with its AI features.
- You can find hundreds of stunning templates, filters, overlays, captions, and other effects that you can instantly add to your videos.
- You can also import any audio track and even edit it using the inbuilt Audio Mixer in Filmii.
- Some other advanced features of Wondershare Filmii are color grading, scene detection, speed control, snapshots, etc.
After reading this detailed Adobe Spark review, you would be able to know more about its applications and usage. I would recommend using Spark to create social media posts and short videos. Though, if you are looking for a better video editor with more features, then Wondershare Filmii would be an ideal pick. Go ahead and try Spark or Filmii on your own and let us know about your experience in the comments.