A while back, I had to post a video on Instagram that I wanted to rotate first. This made me realize that a lot of people still find it hard to rotate a video on Windows 10. Since there are so many social platforms out there, you might wish to change the orientation of your videos before posting them. Besides that, chances are that you could have recorded your videos in the wrong orientation as well. Don’t worry – in this post, I will let you know how to rotate a video on Windows 10 in 2 simple ways.
Part 1: How to Rotate Videos with the Windows Video Editor?
While Windows Movie Maker is no longer backed by Microsoft, you can still use its inbuilt Video Editor app for free. By default, all the Windows 10 systems have an inbuilt lightweight video editor that you can use to do basic edits.
Therefore, if you don’t want to install any third-party app to rotate a video by 90-degrees, then you can try this approach. While the user interface is pretty neat, it might not meet your advanced editing needs. To learn how to flip videos on Windows 10 with its Video Editor, follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch the Windows Video Editor and Load a Video
You can find the Video Editor app by just going to the search option on the taskbar and looking for “Video Editor”. From here, you can click on its icon to launch the Video Editor app.
Great! Now when the Video Editor is opened, you can choose to work on a new project and even give your project a name.
Once the interface of Windows Video Editor is launched, you can click on the Add button. This will open a browser window, letting you locate and load any video of your choice.
Step 2: Rotate the Video by 90-degrees on the Editor
After you have loaded the video you want to edit, you can drag its icon and drop it on the timeline at the bottom. This would automatically load the video and you can now check its preview on the top-right screen.
As you would load the video on the Storyboard (timeline), its dedicated editing options would be highlighted. From here, you can just click on the Rotate icon on the right (adjacent to the trash icon). You can also press the Ctrl + R keys to rotate the video on Windows 10 automatically.
Step 3: Preview Results and Save the Rotated Video
That’s it! As you would rotate the video by 90-degrees, the changes would be reflected on the Preview window. You can check the results and click on the “Finish Video” option on the top-right corner to export it in a preferred resolution.
Part 2: How to Rotate Videos Like A Pro with Wondershare Filmii?
If you are looking for a better solution to rotate a video on Windows 10, then consider using Wondershare Filmii. It is one of the most user-friendly video editing tools that is equipped with a wide range of features. From rotating your videos to cropping them, the tool can do it all in seconds and even provides several advanced editing options.
- You can simply load a video on Wondershare Filmii and rotate the video by 90-degrees instantly using its inbuilt tool.
- Apart from rotating the video, you can also perform other edits such as flipping, trimming, cropping, splitting, and much more.
- If you want, you can also adjust the brightness, saturation, contrast, and other parameters of the video.
- There are hundreds of professional transitions, filters, templates, etc. that you can readily use in Filmii and save your time in editing.
- Wondershare Filmii also offers several advanced features like voiceover, pan-and-zoom, color grading, speed control, and so on.
To learn how to rotate a video on Windows 10 instantly with the help of Wondershare Filmii, just go through these instructions.
Step 1: Import the Video to Rotate on Wondershare Filmii
At first, you can just launch the Wondershare Filmii video editor on your Windows 10 and choose to work on a new project. You can use the Auto-Create feature to load an existing template or open a fresh project.
Once you get the following screen, you can just click on the “Import” button to open a browser window to load your videos. You can also just drag and drop the video to be rotated on the interface directly.
Step 2: Rotate the Video on Wondershare Filmii
If you have selected the Auto Create feature, then you can rotate the video on Windows 10 via its Quick Edit mode. Just go to the Quick Edit mode, select your clip, and click on the rotate right/left buttons.
Besides that, if you are working on a standard project, then you need to drag and drop the video to the timeline at the bottom first. Just double-click the video to get all kinds of advanced editing options on the right panel. Here, you can go to the Rotation field and click on the relevant icons to rotate the video by 90-degrees.
Furthermore, you can also use Filmii to learn how to flip a video on Windows 10. Just adjacent to the rotation icons, you can also find options to flip the video horizontally or vertically.
Step 3: Export the Rotated Video to any location on Windows PC
There you go! Once the video has been rotated or flipped accordingly, you can just click on the “Export” button. Wondershare Filmii will now let you save your video in a desired format and resolution at any location of your choice.
Part 3: Other Video Editing Tips to Follow
Now when you know how to rotate a video on Windows 10, consider following these tips to get better results.
- Make sure that you know the difference between rotate and flip. Besides rotating a video by 90-degrees, you can also rotate it at arbitrary angles.
- While exporting your video from any video editor, check the overall resolution and format options. High-resolution formats would make the video clearer but will also increase its size.
- At times, when we rotate a video, it automatically generates black borders on both sides. Therefore, consider a reliable tool like Filmii that can rotate a video without black borders.
- If you want to upload your videos on social media, then consider the target platform before editing. For instance, YouTube videos are mostly horizontal while Instagram Reel videos are vertical.
- Lastly, keep a resourceful video editing tool (like Wondershare Filmii) handy. If you have already installed Filmii, then you can instantly meet your editing needs without any trouble.
I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to rotate a video on Windows 10 easily. As you can see, I have listed two dedicated solutions on how to rotate a video on Windows 10. Out of them, Wondershare Filmii is undoubtedly a better choice as it provides tons of premium video editing features in one place. Not just that, you can also access its AI-integrated templates and stunning transitions to apply impressive effects to your videos.