MP4 is a format that is preferred by many videographers. This is because almost all platforms support this format. Most of the video editors, players, and applications can read MP4 format. So, it is kind of universal. In case you are looking to convert Vimeo to MP4 format, there are many tools available. This will help convert the video to MP4 in no time.
Vimeo is a popular video-sharing site that has a large collection of videos, films, etc. from across the world. In this article, you will get to know the different ways to convert your Vimeo tool to MP4 format.
Part 1: How to Convert Vimeo Video to MP4 in the Quickest Way?
Vimeo is a platform that lets you upload and watch videos online. Some videos on this platform are open to download. The best part about this is you do not need an external video downloader solution to download its content. A few videos come attached with the download option.
So, the best way to download video to MP4 is to directly download it from Vimeo. For converting Vimeo to MP4 for free, this is the quickest method you can follow.
- Go over to Video and open the video that you would like to download.
- Now, click on the ‘Download' option and choose the option you prefer from the pop-up window. This will download and save from Vimeo to MP4
The process is only going to take a few minutes. To download Vimeo videos directly, this is what you need.
- A registered Vimeo account.
- Only videos that come with the ‘Download' option can be downloaded. This is displayed in the toolbar.
- Vimeo download is an option when you are using browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer.
Part 2: Convert Vimeo Video to MP4 with Online Converter
You can use an online converter that can convert Vimeo video to MP4. Online tools are easy to use. Also, they are fast and free. As you convert the video to MP4, you should know that there are different tools available. But one of the best video converters that you can use is KeepVid.
KeepVid is an online downloader that you can use for free. It allows you to download videos from sites, such as Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Twitch, and many more. It can convert the Vimeo video quickly.
If you want to use an online video downloader, like KeepVid, you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Launch your preferred browser and open KeepVid.
- Now, in the respective download box, copy and paste the Vimeo video link that you like to download.
- After pasting the link in the box, you have to click on the ‘Download' button. Then the tool asks you to choose the video size you prefer. You will have to choose MP4 from the different formats available.
- As soon as you choose MP4 and the file is downloaded, you simply have to right-click on the downloaded file and save it on your device.
Part 3: Save from Vimeo to MP4 with Freeware
There are many free video download converters out there. However, you need to choose the one that is simple to use. Also, it should be smooth and hassle-free when it comes to saving from Vimeo to MP4 format.
Even though the steps differ from one downloader to the other, the basic steps are the same. So, here are the steps you have to follow.
- First, download the free download software on your device.
- Once downloaded, launch it.
- Copy the video URL from Vimeo and paste it into the designated area in the downloader.
- You will notice a ‘Download' button below. This lets you download the video in MP4 format. So, click on it. It downloads and saves the file on your PC.
With a free video converter, you can download any Vimeo video without any restrictions just with a few restrictions. Other than Vimeo, you can also use this tool for downloading videos from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
When you are choosing a free tool make sure that it works with popular browsers, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, etc. It should be compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems. This will ensure that the downloading tasks progress smoothly. Irrespective of the browser you use, simply use a good Vimeo video download to convert to MP4.
Part 4: Bonus Tip - Convert Vimeo Video to MP4 with Extension
Another unconventional but great way is to use video download Chrome extension. For this, you just have to search for it on the Chrome store. It might sound like a complicated process but it is not. One of the best extensions for browsers is Vimeo Downloader.
It is the leading free and fast online video converter extension that will cater to all your needs. Viemo allows members to view, upload, and share videos. On the platform, you can publish content that is creative or educational.
Vimeo to MP4 is a tool that helps in downloading Vimeo videos on your tablet, smartphone, desktop, or laptop. With Vimeo Downloader, you can easily download any Vimeo you want.
This section guides you on how to use the browser extension to download and convert Vimeo video to MP4.
- Install Vimeo downloader on the computer by dragging and dropping the file on the folder ‘Application'. Then install the extension in the Chrome browser. So, now, you can easily start to download Vimeo in Chrome.
- After installing the converter, you can download any video that you come across online, including Vimeo. Just open Chrome and play the video that you are looking to download.
- Now, hover the mouse on the window where the video is playing. You will find the ‘Download' option on the top-left corner of the screen. Just click on it to add the video to download.
- Once you are done downloading the videos, you can check them in the ‘Downloaded' section listed under the ‘Download' menu.
- In case you would like to convert the Vimeo video format, just add the videos to the ‘Convert' menu. For this, you click on ‘Add to Convert List'.
- Go over to the ‘Convert' section and click on the option ‘Convert' to choose the preferred format and start the process of conversion.
The best MP4 converter Vimeo is the one that caters to your download requirements. In case this is only for one-time use or want to use it seldom, a simple converter should be your best bet. However, if you have to use a Vimeo converter often Chrome extension might be the right option for you. This is because it saves you a lot of time. But if you don't want to download any tool, an online tool is suitable. When you need other format options or have to download many videos simultaneously, you should go for the most powerful ones. So, choose your MP4 converter video accordingly.