Is reading a text in a video so dull? It may be because of the monotonic nature of the text. In such cases, Typography comes handy as it enhances the beauty of the text. Thus, we will give you a detailed list of good typography examples, along with a detailed description. Besides, we shall also share the software list to help you create a video using the typography text.
Part 1: 25 Typography Examples to Learn From
Take a look at the 25 different typography examples with a description for each.
1. Build a Bigger Business
This video of Tony Robbins for the "Shopify" website is the best example of kinetic typography, where the words popping highlight his speech.
2. Ocean Rush – Brush Font
This font style of paintbrush resembles a solid and independent word. The words written using this style are expressive typography examples.
A good typography example is a website of "Dragone" – an Italian company as it has a good background with a perfect choice of font style.
4. New Venture Scouting
When looking for bad typography examples, the official website of New Venture Scouting is chosen, as there is a defect in the choice of typefaces used.
Alienware is a website owned by Dell computers, mainly for gaming machines. They have unique text guidelines to be followed while uploading.
6. Ford – 150: Jump
I never thought a car advertisement would use such kinetic typography to promote their product. It applies a bold font face to match with the car.
One of the brand typography examples is the popular Uber service website. It uses its proprietary font style called "Uber Move."
This international branded company produces pleasing and functional taps and showers, which utilizes the font style Din Pro.
9. Alfa Romeo
An Italian automotive known for its style, Alfa Romeo is another brand typography example, as the website uses "Apex New" typeface.
10. Elbow Grease – Habitat Promo
This video, created for Habitat for Humanity's short public service announcement, used kinetic typography and dynamic animations.
A recent kinetic typography example would be "Wyzowl," as they rebranded their product and announced the same using kinetic typography texts in their video.
12. Ahlstrom – tea
The video of solutions company "Ahlstrom" used kinetic typography and layering techniques to show the science behind a cup of tea.
13. Funcy Kids! - Playful Display Font
By the above font style, the word "scary" is displayed colorfully then it is the best example of expressive typography.
14. United Strands
United Strands sells t-shirt online, wherein the website is a bad typography example as they have used the same font face throughout without any variation.
Mopar's website is an example of branded typography as it uses Compressed Standard, Narrow Light for headlines and body contents, respectively.
16. Marie Guillaumet
Marie Guillaumet, a French web and graphic designer's website, is a good typography example in which the hand-written font face showcases her style.
17. Pizza Hut
As the spacing between the letters of the word "Dinner" is more, it becomes an example of imperfect typography.
NerdWallet's complementary typefaces and a visual hierarchy to exhibit what is essential to the visitors at a glance are examples of good typography.
19. Soap Bubbles Photoshop Action
Another expressive typography example is writing texts in a format that resembles the original character, resulting in more attractive and precise.
20. Excel Music
Though Excel Music used three different font faces, the two calligraphy style font looks similar, making it not noticeable, leads to bad typography.
21. Wedges – Bounce
The Wedges font style "Bounce" is typed, in which each letter appears to be bouncing, which is an example of expressive typography.
22. Single-use Typeface
The website of Scienceworks has a single font face used throughout, with a difference in weights to differentiate hierarchy, which is a good typography example.
23. Tremolo – Mismatch in typeface
This company's website comes under bad typography, as the texts used have a mismatch in typeface and poor use of weights and heights.
Morton's typeface has a clean, bold style that expresses texts boldly, and using it to express the word "Expensive" is an expressive typography example.
25. Thrive Solo
The "Thrive Solo" website is an example of good typography that utilizes texts in different sizes to make their point clear.
Part 2: Top 5 Tools to Create a Typography Video
To create a video using the defined typography styles, you can use the following software to improve the experience.
Filmii, the easy-to-use software, will help you create a video based on a theme with the templates provided. Its advanced editing tools help you personalize videos in different aspects. Filmii cannot be seen as just a video editing tool; instead, it is a creative video production studio that permits adding text with different styles and transitions, implementing the typography examples discussed above in your video. With Filmii, you could apply changes for both video and texts at ease.
- Add styles to your video for fun or share with your friends and family instantly.
- Video editing tools like trim, merge, crop, rotate, zoom, reverse, and much more.
- Beautify video by adding text, audio, transition, color grading, and video stickers.
- Add photos to video and remove audio from video easily by the options provided.
- Animate the texts added and resize your video based on the social media platforms.
LightMV will help you create your video online or download the software to do the same. It contains excellent templates for any occasion like business promotion, wedding announcement, travel journey, graduation, and many more. You could also create video intros and outros and high-quality video using this application either by using a desktop or a mobile. You don't require any skills to use this software.
- Choose from the pre-prepared video or slide slow templates.
- You could upload photo clips or video clips to the web studio.
- Download or share the HD video from the platform.
- Choose audio from the media library and edit it with the audio tools.
- Split video and text overlay options are available.
This is an animation software that will help you to create professional animated videos for all industries like people who are in the roles of training, marketing, HR, and e-learning. Use video templates, sound, pros, and much more to create a video. Tell stories beautifully by inserting text wherever needed, collaborate, and do data visualization. It sets a platform for designers to prepare dynamic content using multiple styles or characters.
- Drag and drop the pictures and videos in the template selected.
- Offers customizable templates and branding to create a video.
- Enables import and export of data like animations at ease.
- Create a content video for learning that is interesting.
- It provides video editing tools and collaboration tools.
Adobe After Effects
Create cinematic film titles, intros, and transitions using Adobe After Effects. Edit your titles, credits, and lower thirds like typography examples and animate text using the options provided. Set your designs in motion with keyframes or expressions; also change a scene's background with moving objects to create a VR video to attract your audience. Import from other applications like Photoshop, Illustrator, and many more, which could be animated.
- It offers text animation, which puts your word in action by kinetic typography.
- You could control the speed of your animations using Graph Editor.
- It allows controlling weather conditions by adding special effects.
- By motion tracking, you could compensate for the shaky footage.
- Separate and replace an object's background using rotoscoping.
Use Kapwing to add layers of images, videos, and audio to create a video in the way you want. It runs in any browser so that your work will be saved automatically to the cloud. It offers a library of templates from which you could start to create your first video. You could trim a video and add subtitles were ever needed, and uploading your work to share with the world is possible.
- Collaborate your work by sharing the link with your team.
- It will allow you to split and merge video.
- Offers multiple templates in the media library.
- Comes with audio editing tools and overlaying text.
- Enables you to control the speed of the video.
Hence, you can now create an incredible video with typographical texts using any of the software specified above after knowing the typography examples. Our recommendation, however, would be "Filmii" as it stands out for its variety of features.