Do you wonder how subtitles appeared to your favorite YouTube video? Or,
Has someone asked you for a tip on how to add subtitles to a YouTube video that is not yours?
What is a YouTube video without a subtitle? Subtitles add life to videos and make them easier for your audience to follow. They also have a way of increasing your YouTube video rankings, giving them higher chances of showing up on search queries. You would agree that YouTube videos without subtitles can sometimes be tedious and challenging to follow, mainly since YouTube hosts different video content from across the globe, creating accents, style of speaking, language barriers, etc. Subtitles can quickly solve these problems as they allow viewers to follow and understand video content easily. Furthermore, subtitles allow for a wider audience reach as they can help even physically challenged people watch and appreciate your video. So just in case you want to post a video on YouTube and you're looking to generate likes, views, and even subscriptions (if you have a channel), then it is essential you learn how to add subtitles on YouTube.
Part 1: Possible Ways to put Subtitles on YouTube
YouTube offers you the option of adding subtitles directly from the application. You can still manually add subtitles to YouTube videos. Have said that, let's now consider the different options on how to put subtitles on YouTube videos:
How to Add Subtitles on YouTube using YouTube Studio?
If you have the YouTube studio on your phone or desktop, follow these simple steps to add subtitles to your YouTube videos:
- Open YouTube Studio and sign in
- Select Subtitles from the menu on the left
- Select the video you'd like to add subtitles to
- Hit ADD LANGUAGE and choose the language of your choice from the different language options
- Click ADD under subtitles.
How to Put Subtitles to YouTube Videos by a Pre-written File Upload?
To use this method of adding subtitles on YouTube, you must have a pre-written file containing the subtitle you would like to add, and the file type to upload must be YouTube compatible. Follow these simple steps on how to put subtitles to YouTube videos:
- Open YouTube Studio Beta and sign in
- Select Videos from the left side menu
- Select the clip you want to add subtitles to by clicking on the thumbnail or its title
- At the top of the screen, click Advanced to open a menu
- Click on Original video language, subtitles, and CC and select a language from the drop-down menu. Hit Upload Subtitles/CC.
- Choose whether to do the upload of the file with or without timing
- Hit Continue
- Select the pre-written file and click Open
- Hit Save.
How to Add Subtitles on YouTube by employing YouTube's Automatic Transcript Sync?
YouTube also allows you to add subtitles using its transcript sync option. Follow these steps to achieve this:
- Open your YouTube account, and access your uploads by clicking My Channel, then Video Manager. Another way is to click on your account icon, then select Creator Studio and Video Manager.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside Edit and select Subtitles and CC.
- Select Add New Subtitles and click Transcribe and auto-sync to bring up a text area next to your video where you can enter your subtitle.
- Choose your subtitle language
- In the text area, transcribe the video by typing out everything spoken
Source: www. wikihow.com
- Click Set Timings to automatically sync the transcript with the video's timingAdjust the timings by clicking and dragging the bar on either of the subtitles
- Click Publish on the top right corner after adding your subtitles.
How to Put Subtitles on YouTube by Manual Upload?
You can also learn how to put subtitles on YouTube by manually uploading them. Note that currently, only YouTube classic supports this style of adding subtitles on YouTube videos. The steps below would guide you:
- At the bottom left, click the icon that looks like a figure leaving a room.
- Click Video Manager and select the video you want to add subtitles to.
- Click Subtitles/CC at the top right corner of the toolbar
Source: www. businessinsider.in
- Select the subtitle language and click Set Language.
Source: www. businessinsider.in
- Click Add New Subtitles or CC and select the language from the drop-down menu.
- Select Create New Subtitles or CC.
- Play the video or pause wherever you want to add a subtitle.
- To the left of the video, type the subtitle into the text box and hit the blue "+" tab.
Source: www. businessinsider.in
- Below the video, drag the subtitle to adjust its duration and when it will appear on the video.
- Repeat the previous step and hit Save Changes or Publish when you finish.
Part 2: How to Add Subtitles to YouTube Videos Effectively
So, how to add subtitles to a YouTube video that is not yours? Filmii from Wondershare is a fantastic solution to that! As a video editing software, Filmii offers you a wide range of options to create stunning footage in the shortest possible time. You can also add subtitles using this software's in-built text effects, including openers, credits, subtitles, etc. What is more, it is easy to use and does not require any professional or technical knowledge. Videos that come with subtitles and text overlays tend to enjoy a wider audience reach, and this is what Filmii offers you. Video creators agree that, with Filmii, you can add just any effect to your videos, including subtitles!
- Over 250 in-built text effects
- Wide variety of motion elements and stickers
- Different presets for different social media platforms
- Overlays and filters
- Video cutting, cropping and, editing tool.
Follow these 3 steps to add subtitles on YouTube using Filmii:
Step 1: Download Filmii and log in
After launching Filmii, click Import File to upload the video you want to add a subtitle to. Right-click on the video clip and select Add to Timeline or drag-and-drop to add the tape onto the timeline.
To add subtitles to your video, select Subtitles, drag it to the timeline or choose Apply by right-clicking on it.
Step 3: Customize Subtitles
Now, customize the subtitles from the window next to the preview window. You can edit the font color and style to suit your need. Preview the video with the added subtitle and click Export at the top right corner of your screen.
Now, as you have an idea of how to add subtitles to YouTube videos, get rid of your confusion. Follow any of these methods and their detailed steps, and you'd be well on your way to adding subtitles to YouTube videos. Finally, when it comes to an effective way to add subtitles to a YouTube video that is not yours, Filmii stands top on the line with no doubt!